Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mixer 08-24-13
OldeWolfe

Mixer 08-24-13
Outstanding maps tonight on the CYGNUS server, all close and intense. Thanks to everyone who participated.

I'm wondering if anyone has a clue about who it was that attempted to take over our Teampspeak3 server? Stay tuned, we may need to password it to keep jerks like that out. I'll post in the Message Bar and send out a mass email with the password should that become necessary.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
08-25-2013 03:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spinebuster

RE: Mixer 08-24-13
I am wondering if someone is posting the teamspeak address somewhere. I would suggest that if someone is trying to get people to join to have them join the gameserver first then we can give them the address. Maybe that will keep some of the bad apples out.

Online Sports League
08-25-2013 10:31 AM
OldeWolfe

Good catch Spine, I recall someone saying last night "that's what happens when you post the teamspeak IP on reddit". If true, I wonder if there is some way to have it removed...I'll check it out.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
08-25-2013 11:59 AM
Gorthaur

Did someone post it on reddit? if so they should be castrated with a rusty spoon
08-25-2013 12:02 PM
OldeWolfe

Hehee...yah...agreed Gorthaur, I've got the spoon...Angry
I just researched reddit but could find nothing referencing Tribes: Ascend/Teamspeak/Cygnus/Mixer. I'm not all that familiar with the site so I may have missed it but I spent a lot of time searching. My thought is that the invader came from a different source.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

08-25-2013 12:16 PM
Tasadar1

I think the problem is that the teamspeak server id was prominently displayed on the Cygnus and OSL startup game screen for TA. Those game servers are / were mentioned in Reddit and for quite a while those were not passworded, so everyone that joined the server has the id. A solution might be another sub-channel on TS, that is pass worded. That would allow for us to be available to the public, while still controlling the teamspeak conversation in game.

Unless we really want to see TA become an unpopulated wasteland like T2, we should encourage the public players, and do our best to educate them in game etiquette as long as they are willing to try. Most of us started out as annoying newbs at some time.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013 12:36 PM by Tasadar1.)
08-25-2013 12:30 PM
JaggedMarble

I'm the one who said it was on Reddit and Tasadar hit the nail on the head. Mixer stuff has been posted on there and other sites that trolls frequent. Need to either password the server or put everyone in sub channels. Personally I'm in favor of just putting a password on the ts3 server and we can post the password in the part of the forum that not everyone can see. Then those people can pass it along to others as they see fit. As was mentioned before we might also wanna remove it from that scroll above on the forum and server descriptions. We can just make one post on the forum with all the server information and put a sticky on it. That should at least slow the addition of any trolls into ts3.
08-25-2013 06:41 PM
Tasadar1

The only problem I see is that in order to direct the person interested to the TS3, we would have to give out the password to someone we had never talked with. If we leave the Lobby with no password, they could be directed to the site, where we could talk with them before we give them access. That way they would not have access to the pass worded area where we play the matches. Just a thought.
08-25-2013 07:33 PM